Sunday 19 February 2012

Ball of wool...
I was dawdling around east london over the weekend and came across an extraordinary exhibition by polish artist Agata Olek which I thought would be interesting to share with you all...
The exhibition is a bedroom including a bed, chairs, a cot, a rocking horse, mannequins and even a shopping trolley completely crocheted over in multi-colour (very SS12) wool to complete the affect you see above.
The walls and floor are also covered with acrylic wool, which feature a  series of text messages from former lovers.  Artist Agata has satated: ‘It is not just another apartment installation – it is the reflection of life, love, trust and lust in current time.’

What I found most interesting about the exhibition is how people today can express themselves in such diverse fashions.

The exhibition at Tony’s Gallery in Brick Lane, East London, ends on March 23 so if you fancy something a little bit different head on down...

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I think I saw a notice for this in the Metro - harkens back to 70's feminist art I think - http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/tbio?person=231730

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Paula...and yes completeley! How interesting, I would have loved to have seen some of these exhibitions back in the 60's!

    ReplyDelete