Saturday 17 March 2012

1a Continued again...

Writing my personal profile has been a little trickier than I first thought, deleting and re-writing...deleting and re-writing, when all you really want to say is...'Hi give me a chance, let me show you what I'm capable of' no matter what kind of position or role you are going for!

I think I am finding it more difficult as I am trying to merge both my theatrical experiences with my current retail experiences, as I believe both are genuine relevant life experiences! I am always so critical when it comes to tasks such as these, when one almost has to reflect at the past, and I think am beating myself up, trying to look for what I believe the 'right' thing to say is, but if I'm beginning to learn and understand anything on this course I think the main thing should be that there is no, and will never be a 'right' answer, and the quicker I realise this the better it will be for my development on this course.

I've had a little look on google - utiling the web to help guide me, and have found the below link quite interesting and helpful, especially in terms of -
What is the difference between a personal statement and a covering letter?

With regards to the above, as discussed in my previous blog I am used to writing covering letters, I have an outbox full of them!  I found myself pausing for thought during my personal statement/profile, as you are not writing about yourself with regards to a specific role in mind, but simply writing about yourself, it is a general introduction to your CV, giving future employers an insight to you and your interests.  I have attached mine below, again feedback positive or negative is greatly appreciated - please let me know if you can't view the links properly!

1 comment:

  1. Requested access. Isn't it marvelous getting stuck into a job - the ordinary somehow transforms itself - but doing the in-depth looking is often helpful as it makes us really think about the task.

    ReplyDelete