Sunday 4 March 2012

I visited a few places this weekend that have been food for thought for my 'starting out on BAPP' video! I have been waiting and waiting for inspiration for my video and I think it might finally be here...

First stop was a vintage fair, re-engaging my thinking of how fashion and theatre have had a huge love affair! I adore vintage fashion, and I feel like a different character in every dress, hat or pair of shoes...it got me to thinking of how everyday we wear a costume, and everyday we are playing a part of a very interesting production...


Second stop, 'Bourjois press Look event', perfectly coinciding with LFW - all props and product were beautifully arranged, very jazzy and theatrical...got those creative ideas a'flowing... artist Zarina Liew was also on hand to illustrate!


5 comments:

  1. hi hannah just a quick message to say that i really enjoy reading your blog, you link theatre and fashion really well! in a way i have never really been introduced to before. i love how creative you are with it all and look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph, thanks that's really lovely to hear...they are both huge passions of mine, and I'm new to the blogging world so just getting into the swing of things...I hope I can share some more interesting blogs with you!! I look forward to reading your blog also, and sharing some BAPP experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very visual great - and reflective - you are doing Part 2 already - jump ahed and see - you are reflecting upon your experiences - thinking about doing - which is what the thinkers in Part 2 are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great to know Paula, I think it is vital to reflect on experiences do you? We can only learn and grow from them, and this course is really helping me analyse this and look at things from a different perspective. Also i find the visuals really important... i mesan who likes the story book with no pictures! It's important if you are trying to share messages that you keep the reader engaged and I always find i'm more switched on and interested if I have something to look at and focus on - something relevant to the script, it sort of brings it all to life in a way. This is just a personal point of view obviously, but I hope it's working for my BAPP colleagues viewing my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula,

    I thought i'd comment again, as i have finished reading the reader for part 2 and realised that yes i was jumping ahead to reflection, but this is something that I think I am learning to see I do constantly -naturally, i think it is becuase I am always striving to be better - how can i make this better/that better etc (after subconsciously reflecting). Im not sure it is totally healthy to be perfectly honest, but after reading through the reader and deliberating, I am coming round to understanding that reflection is simply learning from experiences as 'Bound' states. I am looking forward to finding alternative ways to look at experinces, reflect and extend my understanding of this tool!

    ReplyDelete