Sunday 25 November 2012

4D

It has taken me a long time to think about my awards title.  I wanted it to be something which was reflective to my current practice, and what I felt passionately about rather than it just being a means to an end.  After much thought and conversations with my advisor Rosemary I have finally come to a decision.

I initially discussed the idea of further developing the ethical practices within retail buying or retail in general, but I would have had to be very careful in terms of the positives and negatives I chose to discuss, disclosing information without highlighting any retailers in particular - would this have been ethical??  I am still early on on my career path and could not afford to investigate further into a company which could then be detrimental to me in my personal practice.  Although the subject interests me hugely, I have chosen to look at a slightly different inquiry which is also a passion of mine as I have subjected myself to this first-hand (which I don't see necessarily as a negative from a personal point of view) as well as a lot of other colleagues both in my industry and different industries - it will be interesting to investigate this further!

"Interning as a platform for career development".

I believe the above title reflects my knowledge and learning, as I have interned in various companies which I do truly feel has led me to where I am today.

I am excited to get my pilot tools organised and interview different people from various career paths including colleagues in the retail world, performers and HR managers, as i feel I need to see the intern world from many different viewpoints to enable me to gather enough substantial evidence to carry out a full and informative inquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment