Sunday 25 November 2012

5D

Now that I have chosen my awards title, I can now look into the ethical dimensions of conducting my inquiry.

I will be interviewing people from different career paths including from the world of retail, performance and HR.

I will be conducting both one on one interviews and and focus groups.

I will not need to contact any companies in terms of ethical practices, my ethical practices will lie alone with how I conduct myself in the interviews and focus group.  I will be un-biased as to enable me to have the truest outcome possible.
I will conduct all my ethical practice as I have discussed previously in my blog -
http://hannahzapala.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/my-campus-session-module-2-i-attended.html

Looking at my inquiry, I think the issues I will need to look at are mainly confidentiality. I would not want any of my colleagues and friends that I interview to feel pressurised that their opinions will lead to anything detrimental for their personal careers. 

I will need to be conscious, that although I will know my interviewee's the atmosphere needs to be kept professional - formal but friendly, I want them to feel relaxed and open to discuss all areas of the inquiry.

I havent had many comments or emails with regards to my proposed SIG. So any comments are now more welcome than before - have I covered all of the ethics of my inquiry? I myself cannot think of anything I am missing, but please feel free to point anything out as I want to ensure I have all corners covered!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah,

    confidentiality is a key aspect to the ethics within my inquiry too. i completely agree with your idea of not being too formal. if people are going to engage in your research they need to enjoy it.

    Any ideas on how we can achieve this formal but friendly atmosphere?

    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete